Terms of Service
By using this site, you explicitly agree to the following Terms, Conditions, and rules of Behavior.
If you do not agree with, or are not willing to honor the policies described here, do not register and do not use the site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms, Conditions, and Rules at any time. Major changes will be announced within Social Insiders. We encourage you to periodically visit this page to ensure you continue to act in accordance with these policies.
This site is not intended for the use of, and shall not be accessed by, employees of manufacturers of laundry products other than Purex® , or by employees of advertising, marketing or public relations agencies or firms representing these other laundry brands.
Here, there, and everywhere
These are the rules for group and forum posts, communications, and general behavior on the Social Insiders, and anywhere you are representing Social Insiders.
Violation of these rules can lead to member suspension or possible removal from the Social Insiders Program. We also reserve the right to void any achievements accumulated by a member who is in violation of this code of conduct.
Be honest about your relationship with the brands we work with
First and foremost be honest about your relationship with Social Insiders or the brand associated with the specific campaign.
The FTC requires that all incentivized (e.g., earn points, receive prizes or product, etc.) representatives of a company or brand disclose this relationship whenever communicating about the brand.
If you are participating in word of mouth activities or otherwise spreading the word about Social Insiders online or offline, you must let people know you are a brand advocate or representative and sometimes receive incentives for participating in the brand’s program(s).The following are some examples of sample language you should use:
- "I am a Social Insider. While I do receive complimentary sample products from the X brand, my opinions are my own.”
- "I am a Social Insider and help spread the word about brands. As an Insider, I receive sample product and incentives in exchange for participating in brand related activities.”
- Twitter may require something shorter like, "Social Insiders”, "Sponsored”, "Spon” or "Ad.”
Rules for Representing brands
- When you post or tweet as an Insider, you are acting as an ambassador for the brand. Your actions reflect the integrity of the brands we work with. As such, we ask that you follow these rules when talking about brands on the Social Insiders community:
- Be honest when you represent Social Insiders or any brand we feature in our campaigns. Make product statements based upon your actual experience with the product. Share your honest opinions, not hype or a sales pitch.
- Don’t make false or misleading statements about products. If you have a question, please ask us so we can provide you with the most up to date information.
- Don’t exaggerate product benefits – you can absolutely say "Purex® laundry detergent is awesome!” but don’t imply that "washing your clothes in Purex® detergent gives you the ability to fly!”
- Don’t spam – either on the brand family of sites, or on other sites. Repeated and blasted messages are almost never welcomed online.
- Follow the rule of the venue. Facebook and Twitter, for example, have rules on how to communicate – follow them.
- Never impersonate another individual or entity or misrepresent the source of your post or info.
Google and The Social Insiders
We want to ensure that all Social Insiders are recognized as quality authors in the eyes of Google. This benefits both your blog’s reputation as well as the community as a whole. As such, it will be a requirement to create a Google authored account to be a part of the Social Insiders community.
Do not abuse your exclusive privileges
As a Social Insider, you enjoy the benefits of receiving exclusive products and coupons to share with your readers. The contents of any Social Insiders Kit, including products and coupons, are not to be resold under any circumstances. The brands we feature on Social Insiders have a Zero Tolerance Policy for coupon fraud. Any Social Insider that is found to be reselling coupons or products on third party sites like eBay.com will be removed from the Social Insiders program and may be prosecuted.
We want you to share!
As a Social Insider you will be encouraged to submit video content, links to third party websites, photographs, and text. Please make sure you have the rights to anything you post. Any material you submit to the Social Insiders at this Site, by e-mail, upload, or otherwise ("Submission”), is non-confidential, and the brands we feature campaigns for are free to use and reproduce such Submission freely, and for any purpose. Specifically, the Social Insiders brand is free to use any ideas or concepts contained in any such Submission for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing products. Any such use is without compensation to the person submitting.
If the brand accepts your submission and specifically agrees to keep it confidential or not use it, nevertheless, the brand does not waive any rights it may have to similar or related ideas previously known to the brand or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. You further acknowledge and warrant that the Submission contains only your own material and content or material and content that you have undeniable rights to use, and that the brand’s use will not violate any third party’s rights. The brands are under no obligation to use any Submission.
Guidelines for using the Social Insiders website
The purpose of this community to share information, opinions, and feedback on products and to provide tools to help you spread the word about the brands we feature in the community.
This should be a positive environment that promotes honest discussion, but not at the expense of tolerance and good manners!
- When participating in the Social Insiders community, there should be no:
- Creating or utilizing technology to generate fraudulent achievement activity including: bots, spiders, email or IM spam.
- Creating multiple user accounts or misrepresenting yourself in an application/registration.
- Repeated posting of unconstructive, negative, or derogatory comments/statements about Social Insiders or the brands we feature or even competitive brands. Comparisons are OK, but don’t repeat yourself.
- Misuse of assets including logos, photos or other electronic images.
- Posting images of people without their express permission. All posting must be of people 18 or older, unless posted with parent/legal guardian permission.
Chat amongst yourselves
We sincerely hope your participation in Social Insiders will help you meet some new friends.
Occasionally you might choose to talk directly with another member off line, in person, or about non-program matters. The Social Insiders brand will not be held responsible for these personal interactions. Participation in this community requires that you release both the Social Insiders and the brands we (including officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, and third party partners) and other Insiders from claims and damages arising out of any such interactions. While we encourage free thinking and an individual’s opinion, this forum is a privilege and serves as a meeting place for an exclusive community. Negative behavior detracts from the experience of this group and will not be tolerated. If you feel that members are not using proper judgment, making personal attacks or insensitive remarks please email alert@socialInsiders.com
Don’t wander off the path
Social Insiders groups and forums are not to be used for:
- Giving out personal information (email address, phone number, etc.)
- Promoting, selling or spamming on behalf of any other products or brands
- Uploading or posting of any computer viruses, harmful files or programs
- Uploading any material deemed by Social Insiders staff as inappropriate
- Any unlawful purpose or activity
- libelous, defamatory (bad mouthing others)
- pornographic, indecent (dirty)
- harassing, threatening, harmful, abusive (hurtful)
- invasive of privacy or publicity rights (mind your own business)
- inflammatory or otherwise objectionable (going to cause trouble)
When worst comes to worst
We reserve the right to suspend, deactivate the account of, or remove anyone from the Insiders Program at any time, for any reason.
This Site belongs to the Zooka Creative. Zooka Creative owns the copyright to the contents of this Site. You may download only material displayed and identified on the Site as specifically available for downloading. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without Social Insiders’ written permission. You agree not to re-use material from the site (posts from other bloggers photos, videos, etc.) In particular, you agree not to copy, distribute, republish, upload, post, or transmit anything unless you first get our written consent.
We are not responsible for any defects or failures associated with the site or any damages (such as but not limited to lost data, profits or other consequential damages) that may result from any such defects or failures. In addition, we make no guarantees as to the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of material submitted by other Insiders.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SOCIAL INSIDERS, ZOOKA CREATIVE, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES, ACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS AND/OR COSTS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEYS FEES) ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, POST, TRANSMIT OR MAKE AVAILABLE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR INFRINGEMENT OR VIOLATION OF ANY OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY.